my 4 week old daughter has a big knot under her left breast...is this normal?

naelah09

Asked by naelah09 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because of a surge of breast-enlarging hormones at birth, your baby's breasts may become swollen, firm, and lumpy within a week after birth. A baby's breasts may even produce a few drops of milk. These are normal physiologic changes in both male and female babies. The swelling should subside within a few weeks.

from the dr. sears website.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Anything new you notice about your baby call the nurse and ask!!! I have not experienced anything like that with my 4, so that's why I said call peds office. They will tell you if you have anything to worry about(your not wasting their time!!!). Good luck, hope ALL goes well and God bless you and your family.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009