Are you paying attention to the swine flu or do you think it is all hype?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm paying attention to it. I think ignoring this would be ignorant. There is no sense in getting into a panic over it though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'm paying attention to it but, I refuse to get in to a panic over it. A lot of it is media hype.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Media hype, It is always good to practice good hygiene regardless.
    Anonymous

• my father is head of a big lab, up north. he says, while its a real thing, its nothing to panic about. not the end of the world as we know it, or anything. it'll clear up just like all the other health scares have.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Take notice http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/Pandemic_scare_raises_Tamiflu_resistance_fear.html?siteSect=105&sid=10625747&cKey=1240902971000&ty=st
    Anonymous

• Just watching Obama say " it's no cause for alarm" while the W.H.O. carries it to a level 4 and the U.S. calls it a Public Health Emergency. No big deal.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

So, akin-you'd rather have everyone panic-nothing is ever good enough, eh?
    Anonymous

• Just the fact that Obama says it's no big deal makes me worry that maybe it IS a big deal.....
    Anonymous

It sounds like the WHO might raise it to 5 today or tomorrow because of the dramatic increase in US cases and where they're showing up in people who weren't in Mexico now.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 12:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What people don't realize with this flu is the level of care provided to citizens of other countries. Mexicos health care system is CRAP>lots of people who have this flu will die there bc of the lack of care. Here-you will get treatment. Therefore, the level of concern in different countries is going to be DIFFERENT. If a country doesn't have the MEANS to combat this issue-then the level of concern should be more.

This isn't rocket science.
    Anonymous