Shaving the pubic area......

My doctor suggested that I eliminate the hair in my pubic area because of too many UTI's . I have been shaving it for 10 days now and I'm looking for an easier way to do this. I'm heavy so I really don't want to go get waxed. The hair stubs are killing me and my husband. Any suggestions....thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Sorry but its a daily maintance thing unless you wax. I'm heavy as well and find the best razor is the mach3 or mach4(I think thats how to spell it), or any 4 blade razor. Now as for stuble don't use achohol right after shaving, try poroxide.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• why not get it waxed? it takes longer to grow back..i think it took me a month to grow it back the one time i did it. its expensive so unless you want to shell out the bucks, there are alternatives. buy a trimmer and just use a guard and trim it. im 30 weeks pregnant and have gone to using a trimmer (with the help of dh since i can no longer seeeee everything). it doesnt have the pokey effect of stubble, and you can still leave a little length so you dont get ingrown hairs. hope it works out for ya!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You shouldn't have to shave so frequently, and the hair softens over time. I've shaved about twice a week for the last 12 years or so, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't itch, it's doesn't feel like mans face stubble.....hasn't since maybe a month or two after I first started shaving!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Did your doctor suggest dietary changes? Making sure that you drink plenty of water (at least 8 8oz glasses, little or no caffeine, and take cranberry capsules every day is a much easier way.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I shave down there twice a week and i use gillte for women shaving cream and a venus razor. Once i'm done I will wash off all the shaving cream and put some lotion down there so it doesn't itch or get any red bumps.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I shave down there twice a week for about a year now. After the first month or so the itching, red bumps, and stubble go away. Always use a fresh razor blade. I use a Mach3, it is the best I have found after trying EVERY woman's razor on the market and getting horrible gashes and cuts. Do not use anything with alcohol on the area after shaving as it BURNS. I used sweet almond oil to help the bumps, redness and itchiness of the first month but after that I haven't had to use anything. The hair will soften over time and not be so "tough" once you have been shaving regularly for a little bit.
    Anonymous

• You can try the SKIN SO SOFT Fresh & Smooth Hair Removal Cream from Avon a few of my customers use it for this reason
    www.youravon.com/dhullum code fsany for free shipping too
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009