What are the signs of a breech baby?

I'm concerned about my baby being breech and I plan to ask my doctor about it on Friday but I'm just curious as to whether or not there are any particular signs.

Also are there is websites about this that would be helpful?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "any" not "is"

Sorry.
    Anonymous

• My oldest was breech but I don't remember having any specific signs, other than seeing it on ultrasound. She was up under my right ribs a lot and it was hard to breath.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I kept getting kicked really low in my belly and sometimes it felt like in my woohoo. I also could feel his big fat head right in my ribs. I could barely sit upright from the pain of his head in my ribs. He did turn at 34 weeks.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My baby bump was more "side to side" than "out there" when my daughter was breech. She turned at the last minute so we had no problems with birth.
    mrsnoble2004

Answer by mrsnoble2004 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well that is how my baby is but when we went and looked at her on the ultrasound she was already face down with her head down so i dont really think there are signs on a breech baby maybe if you read a baby book about breech?
    jozalynnsmommy

Answer by jozalynnsmommy at 12:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son was presenting with his head in my left hip and his butt in my right hip. Not too comfy for me and trying to get him to turn just didn't work. So we had to do a c-section. I remember crying before delivery when my doc told me "If you haven't delivered him by noon we're going to take him out of you." I know she didn't mean anything but I was so tender hearted then I cried at anything. I had done everything they told me to do and he would not turn. As it happened when they did the c-section they learned there was no room for him to turn and he was wedged in my hips. Poor lil guy, he carried his head tilted to the left for about 6 months.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well my son was breech up until the day he was born. He came 10 days early and the miwdife was going to try to do a manual aversion (not sure of spelling) to turn him if he hadn't turned on his own by my appointment ironically the day he was born. My midwife could tell by feeling him and the ultrasound confirmed it. It depends on how far along you are whether you need to be even worried about this at all. They move all over the place up until the very end.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am having twins and one is breach and let me tell you....it hurts so bad!! Her head is wedged in my ribs! They don't think she will turn because they are measuring big so there is no room.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 12:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009