What free antivirus program do you like?

I just downloaded Avast for free for our bedroom computer. We had McAfee on the 2nd living room computer, but it took up too much ram and made log on slower. What antivirus software do you use??? I also have spybot on the 2nd computer which was free.

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have McAfee, but AVG Free is the best free antivirus that I've heard about. You can download it at www.downloads.com. Everyone I know swears by that one.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• AVG Free is awesome. I just downloaded it last week. My friend has used AVG Free for years and has never had a problem. Just go to www.avg.com and make sure you click on the free version.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I hate AVG, someone installed it on my office computer before I got there. Every morning at random times of the day it decides to high jack my computer to update itself, usually when I am in the middle of dealing with a customer on the phone. I prefer McAfee.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009