Can your body get stained as well?

I know this is a strange question but I have read worse anyway.
You know when you drink coffee it stanins your teeth I was wondering does it stain the body inside I mean if you look at the coffee pot it has like a slight tint to it then you wash it clean. Not to mention when we go to pee sometimes I get a small wiff of coffee in my urine...sorry (tmi) I know I need to drink lots of water but I love my coffee. I drink 1 to 2 cups a day or maybe skip a day but some people have pots of coffeee all day. I feel sorry for their bladder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• IDK.... but it sounds like it could be plausible.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Good question! But I don't think so because you'd beable to tell! Think about it: it goes through the blood stream(which is why docs don't like you drinking it durring pregnancy); so wouldn't the blood be tinted!? I don't drink coffee too often bt do enjoy it occassionally and know the scent you refer to!!! Hope I answered question!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well, the areas that would come into contact with that have cell regeneration all the time, meaning that old cells slough off the surface (just like with skin) and new ones grow, so really, it's not likely that those surfaces (ie esophagus, stomach, intestines, etc) would get stained. Teeth, however, don't do this, which is one reason they DO get stained. By the time it gets to your bladder, it's been taken apart and sent all over your body in pieces, so only part of it ends up in your bladder.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009