29 weeks and 4 days preggo, having horrible heartburn...any advice?

For those of you who are at this stage or have been here before..what types (no tums or other over the counter) of remedies have you used for heartburn? I say no over the counter because they make me sick as well :( I seriously cannot eat anything without having heartburn the rest of the day. My routine for the past few weeks has been 1 or 2 meals a day at the most...I don't want to eat because my heartburn is so bad and I feel horrible the rest of the day. I keep reading it's normal at this stage but how do you cope...seriously it's really bad!

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Applesauce works for me. It doesn't always take it away completely, but it helps with the burning. Make sure it's the plain applesauce, I've never tried the other ones with cinnamon or other added ingredients.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well dont stop eating that baby needs all the nutrients!!!! Im about 37 weeks and i use Pepcid complete it's ALL that works right about now! i was using the tums but the bigger the baby got the WORSE it all Got!
    jozalynnsmommy

Answer by jozalynnsmommy at 12:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Plain milk and bread.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The thing that my doc did for me when I had super bad heartburn durring pregnancy with twins was put me on prilosec. Now not taking it I occassionally burp up burnt popcorn taste. That's the only thing that acually brought comfort and milk of mylasia(mylox). Hope you get comfort soon, oh and lay off the spicy stuff(for now)!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I honestly try to eat...but shortly after I am miserable...I have heartburn, I feel overstuffed and have a hard time breathing. I am -2 pounds on my weight gain as of my last visit 4 weeks ago so I am not huge and the doc said the baby is at it's normal growth. The eating part is worrying me because I try doing the small doses of food for the over stuffing feeling and heartburn and its not working...
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• tomato juice always works for me. i have constant heartburn and did before i got pregnant, and it works better than tums for me
    LittleKMABF

Answer by LittleKMABF at 1:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009