travel system vs seperate car seat and stroller?

any opinions? pros and cons?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 12:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I loved my travel system. My son is 2 1/2 and we still use the stroller all the time!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i was also wondering what brand is the best as well? Thanks!!
    jen.ritterbel

Answer by jen.ritterbel at 1:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• stroller is large, bulky, pain to store. It's also convinent. I didn't use mine much, though. I loved the carrier and would just set it in the shopping cart if there was one. I switched to an umbrella stroller around 8 or 9 months as it is soo much easier to deal with. You can get some pretty good quality light weght strollers with baskets. So it's worth looking into one of those.
    Anonymous

• I have a travel system but my husband uses that seat and I use our convertable seat so...I don't get to use the system much :(. I honestly find it convient when I do get to use it. It's kinda a pain to carry him around the store when I'm trying to grocery shop. I use evenflo
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i got a graco travel system with my last baby but now im going to get a seperate tandem stroller and buy the seperate carseat only because my youngest now is still in the stroller and ill need a place to put him when we go out- i think either is good- the travel system is cheaper sometimes though and u dont have to worry about buying any special attachments to make the carseat fit
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you're constantly driving you want to get a travel system or something compatible. I love love love peg peregos...they are a bit pricey but it's my pick for strollers/car seats.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think a lot depends on how much you will be using the stroller when they are younger. If you plan on needing it often the first 6 months or so, then yeah worth the $. If you dont, then you will be fine without one. I do recommend an infant carseat, much easier to take them out of the car when they are sleeping. I have a graco system and love it, though I could live without it. I only snap the carseat onto the stroller if he is asleep, otherwise I put him right into the stroller. But I am out and about a lot right now because both my older boys play baseball. If it werent for that I wouldnt have bothered with a travel system at all.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I loved my travel system when my daughter was a newborn and we didn't go out much.. now that she's older I find it too big and bulky, so we found a great baby trend jogging stroller ( I got picky and got the one with the swivel wheel, parent and child trays, and sunroof) and we use that more. It actually works with the carseat too I found out a few weeks ago!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I always feel sorry for the people lugging around those ginormous travel systems with just a teeny tiny baby in them. Here's what we did: Graco safeseat (carseat/carrier) and a Snap n' Go which is just the frame that holds the carseat/carrier. The Snap n' Go (Graco also has their own version of it) runs you only $50 or $60 and it is not heavy or bulky. It is nice when they're small to be able to keep them sleeping in their carseat, but it's not worth lugging around the whole stroller for that. Then, when they get older and want to face forward/look around, you can either invest in a nice stroller that's exactly what you want (unlike the travel system ones which are never top-of-the-line), or a jogger, or even a small, $25 umbrella stroller. My friends who had travel systems say they wish they had done what we did.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:
    http://www.amazon.com/Snap-N-Go-Infant-Carrier/dp/B00008XL2W
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2009