vanilla pudding from scratch, maybe I can substitute the sugar or splenda?

Am diabetic and love vanilla pudding and hate the ones they sell. do you have a good recipe that I can change some o the sugar or splenda and not got off the wall with my blood sugar. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Can you use agave syrup? If so, I have a recipe for you. please send me a message.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Just don't use any sugar. You can use Splenda, just substitiue however the Splenda package says to.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Your blood sugar will still go up because pudding requires MILK which has carbs of it's own. I'm diabetic too. My favorite sweet snack is 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a bit of sweetener (I use just a drizzle of honey) and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You could always leave out the cinnamon and add vanilla extract. There are so many ways to change this up! This snack does NOT raise my blood sugar much at all since it has very few carbs. If I add a chopped apple to it, it tastes a lot like apple pie and raises my sugar by 25 points (from the apple). Just a suggestion.....

I wouldn't use Splenda; my preference is either a bit of honey or stevia, which is a natural plant that has no effect on the blood sugar level at all. It's currently marketed on store shelves as Truvia, or you could get some from a health food store. You can use it just like sugar.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009