Why do racehorses have to pee so bad?

I'm pregnant, so having to pee alot and really badly is a normal occurence. It reminds me, though, of an expression I've heard people use when needing to go really bad. "I've got to pee like a racehorse." Why are racehorses known for needing to pee so badly? I've also heard "I need to pee like a Russian racehorse," but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be "Russian" or "Rushin' ", or even if the person I've heard use that particular phrase is the only one to have uttered it. Any thoughts?

Jinxiewolf

Asked by Jinxiewolf at 1:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its not that they pee allthe time.. its how much they pee.. I have to piss like a racehorsez.. just means that you have to piss super bad and alot of pee..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yep I agree. I say that sometimes too.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When a race horse wins a race they make them pee to test for drugs. My friend actually had the job a catching the pee...lol! It was pretty interesting to watch. Also, they whistle and walk them in circles to make them pee!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Totally not about frequency but about volume and force.
    J-M

Answer by J-M at 7:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010