how soon is to soon?

ok i know that u are suppose to wait 6 week so start having sex and stuff but my husband wont stop bugging me about it...my son is 4 weeks old today is it safe to have sex now or should i just wait 2 more weeks?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 1:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• It is up to you. How do you feel? I know people that have had sex 2 weeks after the birth. I would definately use a condom, you can easily get pregnant at this time. If you are still healing, have stitces or staples (C-section), I would wait until I was cleared by the doctor. If your husband can't wait, he can use Rosey and her 5 friends or he can just deal with waiting a few more weeks, it really won't kill him. You just had a baby he needs to chill.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• he can wait 2 weeks.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have four children and i waited different amounts of time for each. The doc says 6 weeks because that is how long, on average, it takes women to heal. How has the rest of your body healed? My 2nd child I had sex after 4 weeks and I couldnt even feel it, like I was still totally numb, but he was almost 10 lbs. My 3rd I had sex after only 3 weeks and it was wonderful! (But she was a normal 7lbs)

Listen to your body, and if you have doubts, wait until your checkup!
    c_k_71

Answer by c_k_71 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well my check up is in 3 weeks and i have healed all the way almost i still have stiches and im spotting but thats it...but i have a breast infection and hurt bad and dont want to be touched but i feel like im a bad wife
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would wait the proper amount of time or you can risk not healing properly. He can wait. Or tell him to help himself!
    Anonymous

• Introduce your husband to Rosie Palm and her five sisters.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• And use contraception!!!!!

• It's up to you. I was randy after 4 days, but we waited until 3 1/2 weeks. Use contraception if you do. If you're not up for it, just tell him it's doctor's orders. Better to wait than rush things. If you're hurting like you said and don't want to be touched, then you certainly don't need to push it. Make him wait until you get the all clear from the doc, and remind him it's a whole lot more fun when YOU'RE into it, too! Are you getting the breast infection treated??
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ya i got it treated it hurt so freaking bad that i went to the doc
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009