I found out about a fibroid growing on my placenta, I am worried, please can anybody assure me it's nothing ?

The doctor said that it was non cancerous , but his concern was that it did not hinder the growth of the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• Go to repmed.com and click on fibroid.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am sorry for all the stress you must be experiencing. I have fibroid history they were removed before I got pregnant. I still carry three in my uterus but they are asymptomatic and can be left alone for now. I think that it is possible that the fibroid could take important nutrients that supposed to be going to the baby so what testing is your OBGYN recommending to assure baby is developing normally?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I found out I had fibroids (about the size of lemons) after my third child. I had a fourth child and pregnancy was fine, even with the fibroids. The doc just kept a closer watch on things. Everyone's situation is different, but I found out that fibroids are pretty common and usually don't cause any problems. A lot of women dont even realize they have them. Good Luck!!
    c_k_71

Answer by c_k_71 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009