Do you go out to the bars and go partying now that you are a mother?

I have never been one for going out and partying. I think i have only been in a bar 1 time and for only like an hour. But i know this girl (we are not exactly friends ) who i just don't get. I can't wait everyday to get off and go pick up my daughter (9 months) and everytime i get online to myspace or facebook, she has posted enw pics of being out partying and at the bars. I never see any new photos of her and her son (almost 2 years) Yes she is younger than be by only a couple of years though. I am not even completely sure that her son lives with her. I thought she lived on campus but hubby says no she lives with parents. But she always has headlines saying things like love spending time with son, and updates on him, yet no pics only bar pics. I jsut think she is full or crap an too imature to raise her own son. Baybe i don't get it because i have never been one to party. What are others views on this subject?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to be a party animal before I got pregnant, and after I have these kids I will continue to party but only in moderation im not gonna go out every weekend because i have a responsibility now
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• nope, i think you like give that up when you become a mom. although i have never been into a bar if i were to drink i just do it at home why go to a bar with fighting and everything else?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Nope.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't really party, not too interested in all that. Every once in awhile the girls and I will go to a concert or something, but not very often. And about once a month a good friend of mine have a girls day. Truthfully, when I had my son, the days of partying and drinking to oblivion ended.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• if i had my parents and i was single or if my husband actualky liked to go out i would love to and i would be out all night on weekends if my parents where there to baby sit i just dont have anyone to trust my baby with and my husband doesnt like going out but i would
    Anonymous

• NO, I was over the bar hopping and drinking by 22 and really over it when we decided we really wanted a baby and really started on the fertility treatments. I have had 2 beers in 7 months and if I remember right I dumped over half of it out each time. I would rather take care of my child and be responsible. I figure I had my time before her and now my time is hers. I don't mind going to dinner without her from time to time but to go out and drink and party is a big no. I want to be a responsible parent and not have someone else watching my child so I can be one as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dont think it hurts to have some "me" time and a night with the girls at a bar sounds fun lets you dance your stress away
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am with you. But, I used to be a big partier until I got pregnant. In fact, I was even a bartender. I've gone to the bar like 3 or 4 times since my DD was born 8 months ago and had 1 drink or didn't even drink at all. I was so bored! But, I know some people who have babies and children who go out and party all the time. Like 1 girl I know who has an 11 month old, gives her daughter to her parents EVERY weekend so she can go party. I just think its so trashy! I'd much rather be at home with my daughter.
    Anonymous

• I go to bars seldomly. The last time I went was for my girlfriends b day because she turned 21. They are more into the bar scene than me and my fionce so when they invited us to go to a bar this past weekend we said no. We would much rather be at home having a nice fire and roasting marshmellows than out partying it up. I agree that it seems juvenile. I see mom's that say they don't have money for this and that but then always seem to have the money to blow on alcohol at a bar. I think it depends on how the person goes about it
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i dont party too much anyways..its been a year at LEAST since I went to a bar.. and over a year since I really drank.. and that was only because I was ttc! now, I would rather babysit for people who chose to go out. our baby willbe in bed around 7-730(i am stillpregnant) soooo I wont exactly be able to go out. I really believe in children first, mommy and friends second. maybe once she is older I will go out every now and then, but for at least the first year, it will only be me and my hubby watching her NO BABYSITTERS. that is me though. i really believe to each their own, but mo is that your kids should come first,if you dont want to give up clubbing and parting, DONT GET PREGNANT and if you do. GROW UP.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 1:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009