• In the Spotlight:

We went to therapy and they called CPS

My SO and I have been having some problems so we decided to go to therapy. During our last fight I kicked him while he was holding the baby, i know really really dumb and irresponsible on my part, anyways we were compleatly upfront with our councilor and they called CPS. I'm really scared, we don't know yet if CPS is going to come to our house or not, I'm taking a break from cleaning right now... Anyone have experience with CPS, and know what might happen/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I work with CPS and yes they will come and investigate and probably give you so long to enroll in anger management and parenting classes. If you refuse then they can and will remove the child from the home if they feel as though there is a direct threat to the child and you kicking your husband while holding the baby is a direct threat of violence as you could end up kicking your child. The worst case is they make your husband find someone to keep the child or ask him to stay somewhere else with the child until you get help. Best case would be the offer you a chance to get anger management and enroll in parenting classes.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Bravo for your therapist, domestic violence is never acceptable, specially when they are little ones involved. It is time that you and your SO grow up and start acting like it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• that sucks i have no clue what will happen but good luck and if your husband got you mad good for you to defend yourself just try to think next time although i know it hapens you just hit with out thinking
    Anonymous

• Sorry but I am going to have to say that I understand why they called...your going to have to deal w the consequences of your actions now. I think anger management and parenting classes would do you good.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'll tell you one thing, I sure wouldnt have been kicking or hitting anyways, but I sure as hel* wouldnt have done it in front of my child let alone while the child was in the persons arms. You do need help sister. And i think they did the right thing for calling CPS!
    Anonymous

• That's BS anon 1:57. If she was saying her husband kicked her while holding her baby everyone would be up her shit to leave him....you sound immature. Hitting is NEVER acceptable on either part
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• anon 1:57 i dont understand why you are saying good job for defending yourself, its not like he was hitting or kicking her its not setting an example for their child either.
    OP: im sorry you're going through this but apparently this is one of life's lessons hopefully you learn!!! I think its stupid that you let yourself get so mad that you kicked your husband real mature!! just walk away next time
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dont think your therapist was right at all, you were there at therapy after the fact, your child was not harmed. I know it was wrong, but is it not better you are working on your problems? my sister had a therpaist like this once calling for everything under the sun. it was so dumb. you mothers who judged this person can judge me all you want. CPS is different from 20 yrs ago. they came to my house all the time and did nothing for us, my dad was even arrested a few times, but we always stayed in the home, more often then not, should not have. but now adays. they take kids and then investigate. about little stupid things. it way out of control. my nephews have had to get put in my custody for no real reason other then strangers butting in. they were never in harm. I think this therapist is dumb, and you should so get a new one. if you cant be honest, how r you ever going to get better??? good luck
    Anonymous

• Im anon 1:57 Yes i think its good that if her husband is getting her mad she should do something what if the only way she knows is to hit well yea she needs help and he does too and thats not her fault if she needs help she just does and i stand up for her and at least she IS going for help they shouldnt have called because unlike other people they aretaking the steps for help and what GREAT therapist that was for reporting them others are really gonna trust them now ! If the therapist repeats this or others do this the the world is just gonna get worse and no one is gonna get help because no one is gonna give em help their just gonna report them.
    Anonymous

• There are more mature ways to handle things than kicking someone....that is just rediculous anon
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009