So I've heard...

that boys usually like to come a little earlier than girls.... I know it's an old wives tale but what about you ladies? What did you have and when?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A girl 1 day before her due date.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Nope. My first came the day after My due date. Although I labored for 3 days. My second was taken at 38 weeks with a scheduled C section. Both boys. I have never heard this.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• a boy - 2 weeks early
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• c section with both. daughter was emergency and she was 6 days late... son was scheduled c-section and he was a week before my due date....but I picked the day so it doesn't really count for me. But my daughter didn't wanna come out. I was induced and in labor for 15 hrs. before the emergency c-secion.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was having a girl born 4 weeks before her due date.
    Now expecting baby boy I will see in few months :))) Hoping to go full term this time around (I know I must be crazy).
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 1:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had a boy... and I was induced with him 2 days before my due date. I had a wonderful L&D that included the epidural...
    I think with the next child.. I won't be so quick to agree to be induced (I was 4-5 cm dialated and fully effaced) and would have given it another week or two for him to come on his own. Also.. even though I had a great experience with the epidural I think I might hold off on that so I can walk around and not be strapped to a bed not able to move my lower half. And I can shower afterwards :) Who knows though- :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my son came right on his due date. My daughter came 4 days early. i'm getting induced w/ this girl..
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 1:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My boy was a week late. And delivered via emergency c-section.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have heard that too. I have two girls the first was 3 days late and the second was 2 weeks early. My opinion is babies come when they want to.
    FullTimeMOM823

Answer by FullTimeMOM823 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had 4 girls 3 of which came earlier then thier due dates. My first daughter was about 3 1/2 weeks early. My third daughter was about 4 weeks early. My fourth was one week early. My second one came 10 days late.
    buffpuff

Answer by buffpuff at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009