Wasn't sure where to put this today.....And designers out there?

Me and the Assistant are looking at color and fabric swatches to redo hubby's office in. She is 24 I am 46, she is saying that dark brown, orange and cream are in this season and would look good in the office. Orange accents and brown and cream as the main colors. I'm looking at Grey's and Blues with bronze colored accents and hubby doesn't care. For a professional office, what color schemes do you see as being attractive and long lasting?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm an Interior Designer in houston. Depending on the size of the room, you can use the first scheme that she mentioned to create a classic look. I love the orange accents available right now. Greys and blues are okay, but from the standpoint of color psychology-he may not get as much work done! Sherwinn Williams does annual color forecasting, and you can find it here:
    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/pro/paint_colors/paint_color_trends/2009/
    HoustonMom22

Answer by HoustonMom22 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i like the browns better. more warm and inviting
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Like the brown, but not orange- to fallish. Bronze is very in right now
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She's talking Tangerine Orange not a pumpkin color, or fall color, but a bright orange for lamps and vases, in wall art. Orange officedesk supplies and picture frames. Stuff like that.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009