How long were you on Clomid - when you became pregnant? And what day did you ovulate while taking Clomid?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on it 2 years and there is no set day you ovulate. You take the pills day 4-8, 5-9 or 6-10 and then you ovulate a week or so later. You start it on either day 4,5 or 6 of your period. Even if your no longer bleeding and you should ovulate within 7 to 10 days.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was on clomid 50mg to help with my IUI..which was done due to an issue with DHs sperm...It did not work the first time...but it did the 2nd time around on 100 mg of clomid, along with an IUI followed by progesterone therapy! So basically two months...I did not have nay issues with Ovulation though...hope this helps...
    Sweetttc79

Answer by Sweetttc79 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was on it for 4 months. I recieved shots to trigger ovulation though. I agree with brailynsmama08 on when you should ovulate though. Best of luck :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I only had to take it for one cycle. I think I ovulated on about day 15 or 16, might have been a day or two longer than that - it's been more than two years since I used the stuff. My specialist all but wrote a prescription for an ovulation predictor kit; she felt it was THAT important as a tool for knowing when to time sex, especially for women who aren't familiar with charting and/or haven't been doing so for very long.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 5:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my first around on being on chomidi got pregnant i was told to take it day 3 to day 7day and then when i stop bleeding we did the baby dance every other day
    Anonymous