National Nurses Week

May 6-12 is National Nurses week. My work is giving away a free dinner to nurses that come eat at our restaurant if they come in this week. My boss wants me to make a flyer and take it to hospitals and doctor offices. Where is the best place at a hospital to take a flyer like this to let all the nurses know? Like who do I need to give it to to get the word out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Human resources department. You are going to need approval before hanging stuff up.
    Anonymous

• Wow, where do you live? Any place near me?
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Why is it nurses are the only ones that get even more credit for stuff? Being a C.N.A when its national C.N.A week we dont really get recognition but mostly get yelled at. We do all the lifting the changing residents or even patients in a hospital. The nurses have it easy because of us.
    Anonymous

• I live in Augusta, GA. Geeze my MIL is a CNA and she bitches a lot too! We actually put on the flyer that CNA's can eat free too 'cause I know they work just as hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Anons, yes cna's do work hard. However, they did not work hard enough to obtain a nursing degree. If they want to do the job that nurses do and make the income nurses make, then why on earth are they complaining about the career path THEY chose rather than going back to school? Your entitlement baffles me, people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am a Nursing Student currently working as a CNA, I do love being a CNA . But I am making the effort to go to school as you mentioned above (by the way not everyone has the resources and the time, family etc. to go to school, like you!). Fortunately I feel appreciated! Your comment above is a little nasty, I am somewhat offended. A few of the nurses I work with can be very mean to the aides and display their status. I think the patients can do without that! Aides and nurses should be working together as a team. And yes, the CNA's should get more recognition, we are your helpers, we help you do your job better, otherwise you would have to do what we do as well. Aren't you glad some aides to stay aides!
    smartgirl235

Answer by smartgirl235 at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2009