Itchy Vag.?

I really don't know how else to put the question. LOL.
For those of you who will say go ask your doctor, I would rather not have to make a doc visit for something that I could prossibly get over the counter.
Any ways it started yesterday, it's just a crazy itch that won't go away. No discharge, no smell... JUST ITCH! I'm never had a yeast infection before so I really don't know what that is like... if you have any idea or something that I could get that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• Vagisil, Monistat or any other yeast infection medicine. You can also you anti-itch creams. Have you changed soap or anything? It could be an allergy
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• do you have crabs? buy some montistat or vagisil maybe you do have a yeast infection but some people dont have any symptoms at all when others have some but not all symptoms
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• have you shaved recently? it could be razor burn....I did that once and used Cortizone (sp?) and felt sooo much better!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Itchy vag with no scent COULD be yeast infection. Symptoms itching(of course,duh), slight swelling due to irritation, uncontrollable urge to scratch. Try monostat 7 or what ever you can afford, I wouldn't go with anything LESS than 3 day treatment!!! Over the counter 1 day treatments don't work for everyone. If in a week you don't feel relief call doc immediately you might have trichonomis(a std!).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Nope no crabs. The itch isn't on the outside. It's all on the skin inside. Nope no soap change. I'll definalely have to see what they have at the store. This sucks. LOL.
    juggalette_mom

Answer by juggalette_mom at 2:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thanks ladyd. I probably would have gotten the fastest working one and it better work, STD... UGH Fiancee would have a lot of explaining to do. LOL. I know it couldn't be that.
    juggalette_mom

Answer by juggalette_mom at 2:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Monistat 7 and plain yogurt (no sugar, no gelatin, real live cultures), not for eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• is it the outer part or inside the labia? Try taking a cool bath not sure what else it would be other then a yeast infection but it may help sooth. Try playtex wipes also
    Anonymous

• I agree about the Vagisil. That can at least take the edge off the itching. You can also try treating it as a yeast infection. If you are still having this problem after treating that, then you should probably get seen to rule out anything more serious and get it treated, regardless.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i GET THIS ALOT- IM 47 THOUGH.I HAVE A VERY DRY VAGINA AND I HAVE HAD RECURRENT YEAST INFECTIONS. I HAVE TO LAY OFF THE POP , WATCH HOW MANY CARBS I EAT, EAT YOUGURT, AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER. OH YEAH, WEAR ,OOSE FITTING GARMENTS,AND PREFERRABLY DRESSES AND SKIRTS TO GET AIR UP THERE.I HAVE TO WEAR ONLY WHITE COTTON UNDIES.SO IT COULD EVEN BE A REACTION TO SOAPS,DETERGENTS. ANYTHING. I USE ALL UNSCENTED STUFF. I DONT USE SOAP DOWN THRE AND I DONT WEAR UNDIES TO BED EITHER. I HOP ALL THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY.GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on May. 3, 2009