Stool Softner

Does anybody know if you can take Dulcolax (stool softner) while pregnant. I was in so much paid cause I couldnt go so I took this one day and felt so much better and would like to keep taking it if it is okay and wont harm the baby. Anybody know for sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• Dulcolax says there is no findings of harm to unborn babies(thelaboroflove.com/articles/is-it-safe-to-take-dulcolax-while-pregnant/). I know the doc prescribed me colace with the iron pills when I was pregnant. However I'd call doc to make sure its safe enough for you to continue!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well you should use them as a means of pooping if that is what your asking. If your that constipated you should try more fiber or natural things like prune juice to clear yourself out or sea salt in warm water. You can also try an enema but stool softeners are okay for occasional use. If you called the nurse in charge or labor and delivery they can tell you along with your doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Prune juice.
    Are you drinking enough water (8 8oz glasses a day, or more)? Are you eating fruits and vegetables (7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors)? Are you eating seven servings of whole grains? Diary and meat have no fiber, so stay away from them. Eat beans and dark, leafy vegetables like kale and spinach.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009