is it possible?

Is it possible that god used evolution as the means of creation. We have not been able to recreate evolution ourselves. So why could we not look at evolution as the way god created the world. The Book of Genesis taken as word for word truthful seems just as far fetched as any creation story form other religions.

fireball1978

Asked by fireball1978 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Evolution is NOT the theory of how life STARTED. Evolution is separate...it is only the theory of how life changed into what it is now. So technically, if there is a god, then it IS possible to have evolution after God created life.

Scientists are not sure how life started on earth. There are other theories to that. I just want to point out that evolution has nothing to do with how life STARTED.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Personally, I do not believe that is possible. Becuase as a Christian I believe the entire Bible and not just parts of it so for me, God created the Bible how He said He did, in Genises. IMO. =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Of course it is possible! This is actually basically how I feel about the existence of the world.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I believe anything is possible through God. And, just because it's not in the bible doesn't mean it didn't happen. For example, there was an entire history going on in Asia during biblical times that is never once mentioned in the bible -anywhere.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I agree with Mrs.Bvader.

Amen to that!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Jennijune is right the bible only covers the Middle east.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Everything is possible ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I believe anything is possible. God could have. I don't believe the bible, because there were too many cooks in the kitchen, if you know what I mean. Not sure if anything was changed for selfish reasons by a common man later on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'm tempted to say "duh" ! Growing up in christian schools, I never had any difficulty understanding that evolution was God-made. Just like the laws of physics were created and are maintained by God. It seems a peculiar kind of mind-set that insists on finding contradiction and conflict when faced with the awesome intricacy of God's wisdom in His designs.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think it's possible. I find it hard to deny that the earth is millions of years old. I do not believe humans evolved from apes...I think scientists are wrong about that, because the Bible says we are created in God's image and I highly doubt he's an ape. But I do think God created all living things with the ability to evolve, to change to suit their environment and that's how things survive. It's part of his amazing creation!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009