Is it true that if you look at your mother's birth history, it gives you and idea when you will have your baby?

I am due in 2 days and have a question, is it true that if you look at your mother's birth history, it gives you an idea when you will have your baby? The reason I ask is I was overdue and induced with my first and my mom was also overdue and induced with her first. With my 2nd I was 3 days early and my mom went earlier with her 2nd pregnancy because she was having twins. My mom was one day early with her third pregnancy and I was curious if maybe I will be one day early with this one.

sweetmama0607

Asked by sweetmama0607 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It hasn't been true for my family; my sister and I have not followed our mother's birth history at all.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My mom had one kid..according to doctors, I was 18 days overdue. My mom was tiny and I was a huge baby. I had one kid...he was two days over. I was taller and bigger than my mom and my son was average size baby. So, I say no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think it totaly depends... my grandma went to term with my mom and was late with my aunt... my aunt was late with her three kids while my mom had my sister and I prematurly and my brother on time.. Then theres my sis... She had her son at 36 weeks and daughter savannah at 33 weeks but had to have her labor stalled when she was only 28 weeks then with her last she went to 37 weeks but only with alot of doc intervention and progesterone shots to keep her going into early labor... Then there is me... 39 + weeks and still no baby to be seen... When will she come?? Hopefully soon...Most definetly not following in mom and sisters footsteps... lol
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009