• In the Spotlight:

How can I make good money?

I really need to find a way to make some decent money while I stay at home with my baby. My husband and I are having a really hard time now finacially and we just couldn't afford a babysitter to keep her, plus I really don't want to put her in a daycare. So if anyone knows anywhere i can find one, please let me know.

ryrysyf

Asked by ryrysyf at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know of a few good places that I use, No sales, All free: Earn Money Online is my website with information

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• you can join a direct sales company or start an at home business such as selling things on eBay, babysitting, running errands for others. I'm with Ambit Energy. I help those in my area save money on their existing electric bill. The average household saves about $150 a year. Plus even customers earn free travel and electricity.

You can watch 3 videos about Ambit here: www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What did you do before you had the baby? Is there a job there that you can do from home or bring the baby in with you? Is there a skill that you have that other people need that you can charge money to do? Can you organize closets? Can you do basic bookkeeping? Can you watch someone's child in your home? Can you trade childcare with a friend so you can work outside of your home part time and not have the expense of childcare?
    I work out of my home, doing freelance bookkeeping and career/job hunt coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• There are no good work from home schemes that will make you "good" money. Work nights opposite your husband out of the home. You will bring in real income and not have to use daycare. Many of my friends have done this not easy but they only had to work 3 long nights a week and made it work.
    Anonymous

• You can try ChaCha. I don't make a ton with it, but at least $100 per month.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you have always wanted a company that supports and helps you grow your business then I suggest you look into Gold Canyon.

Gold Canyon offers a complete line of candles, body and home products including home fragrance in the form of scented candles, Room Sprays and Sachets, eco-friendly, natural, green cleaning products, home décor with various candle holders; personal care with hand scrub, hand silk, body lather, body lotion, body polish, body crème, bath soak, body mist and candle care products such as wick dippers and trimmers.
    Let me tell you how you can join the Gold Canyon team this month for $10.

Marianne Corns
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• please visit my website.I think it will help you to be able to stay at home with your child and eran an income. http://www.freedomathometeam.com/sbrement
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 4:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• this is what I do. would love to have you join me.  www.rediscovernow.com/?promo=24395-wealth-health    Message me for more info

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If your looking for a job try 1800flowers or chacha. If you want to be your own boss check out our tv commercial here: http://www.freedomathometeam.tv To request an interview: http://www.freedomathometeam.com/soar Good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009