Christians: Are you a Pharese or a Diciple?

Do you go by what you read and what you're taught or by what you feel?

Do you believe in what your pastor says and ONLY what your pastor says, or do you read your bible and find meaning to it within yourself?

Do you take the bible as a literal word for word interpretation, or do you see symbolism etched into some verses?

Do you push your faith on others, or let others come to you with questions?

The pharases were the scholars that believed their way was the only way. They based everything on what was written as the law.

The disciples were the students of Christ. They based everything on his teachings of gentleness and compassion. They never forced themselves to be heard, but allowed those who wished to, to listen.

So, which are you?
Which do you strive to be?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. I follow it as a Disciple of Christ. I pray and study daily. Jesus was the first teacher of his word. He spoke about love, forgiveness, compassion and love. He also said the only way to the father was through him.

Anonymous

• Misspelling here - that's supposed to say "PHARISE" Sorry bout that!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I listen to what my preacher says but I also read it and try to find more out about it. I also try to witness to people if they want to hear but I am not going to push anything upon them. I want to follow Gods rules and only Gods rules not man's rules. God is the only one that I am going to have to answer to when I die.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Jesus is my role model.
    God is my Father. I strive to be like Jesus,but when someone says something untrue or nasty about God. I get offended. I'm not perfect.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009