Why do you believe in God?

What makes you so sure he exists? And don't just say, I have faith, I want to know why you have that faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because I visited the Otherworld.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well I have grown up in believing in God and knowing he is there for me but one instance is that I was in a horrible accident a little over 9 years ago. I should have never lived but b/c God was there and wasn't ready for me he brought me thru things I never would have made it thru without him. I had to learn to walk again and it was a hard road but he was there every step of the way. At first I was mad at him b/c I thought how could you let this happen but then I realized it happened for a reason and he was there helping me thru it and I am stronger now as a Christian than I was. God is there and always will be. He died for us so we can be free and we can have peace.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• imaginations run wild..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• does the question only apply to Christians.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Why does God believe in me?He's the one that came into my life,he brought the person to show me the way.Why did he do that,out of complete compassion,because I'm not that great of a person and there's no way I could ever pay him back.That's why I believe in God but not only that his love for me has made me believe.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• There have been many experiences in my life that have been evident that God exists. Yes I have faith, and believe. Whether you choose to believe is up to you, but over a year ago I got in a serious car accident/roll over type one. Before the roll over happend, I felt something coming over me like an invisible protection, I know for a fact God intervened on my behalf.
    Anonymous

• No fireball it applies to anyone who believes in God.
    Anonymous

• God has reveled himself to me in many ways. He has answered my prayers time and time again.

I was arrested once. Did I ever tell you guys this? I sat for nine hours in a jail cell surrounded by drug users that were a)strung out or b) going through a severe withdraw. I was shamed by having to strip down to nothing in front of total strangers. I won't go into detail about that night here (maybe one day I will). But as I sat on the floor of the cell (as there were no beds - overcrowding at its best), I closed my eyes and prayed. I prayed for forgiveness for what I had done and I prayed for God to save me. Less than ten minutes later, I had an attorney show up (who was called by my roommate). He posted bail, and I was released. A few days later, I returned to my parents home, devastated and hurting. The night I got home, I prayed again. When I opened my eyes, I saw what I felt was an angel above my bed. (Cont)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have always believed in God, but today when I hear people ask this question I ask them if they have kids because when I look at my sons eyes, when I see him playing I ask how can you not believe there is a God. I see the evidence everyday.

MyBoyAndrew

Answer by MyBoyAndrew at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• (Cont)
    I felt an immediate sense of peace and calm. I felt as though Christ himself were hugging me telling me that everything was going to be alright.

Again, I won't go into too much detail here, but suffice it to say that it WAS alright.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009