• In the Spotlight:

I decided to poke around in the Q'ran.Guess what I realized?

I want to know about about "kill all infidels" thing.I stopped immediately when I realized,"so what if it is there?"

Our bible says the same thing,just not in those words.
Did anyone realize"stone prostitues ,stone witches and stone adulterers" is no better than"kill the infidels?
How can we consider their beliefs so out there when we have the same beliefs?

laranadtony

Asked by laranadtony at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not the same. Our bible says thou shalt not kill....
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• But it tells us to stone people to death.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The bible also teaches to love your neighbor as yourself. No where in the Koran is that concept.
    Anonymous

• YUP...HYPOCRITICAL MUCH?

That is why I quit going to church. I have God in my life without the hypocrisy.
    Anonymous

• You have a good train of thought ... except that battering people in one's community who are wicked evildoers IS different from killing all Gentiles (non-Jews). ... Just sayin' ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I do too.I don't see why we should have a bible that says"We can only associate with these people" yet if the q'ran says the same,it is evil.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have not researched other religions like that, I only know that Christians don't go around literally killing people who don't agree with the bible. Yes, there are people who commit murder in the name of the Lord, it doesn't mean God is the one telling them to do that.
    Anonymous

• I know lots of muslims.None of them have ever tried to kill me.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 2:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• So who is the expert here on what can be found in the Q'ran? Have you ever even seen or held one???
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think your mistaken. In either Mathew, Mark, Luke, or John. Jesus told a group of people wanting to stone a prositute, "He who has NO sin, cast the first stone."
    When you study the bible you need to take into account that the bible was written over a long time and that Jesus rebukes the church leaders of that time for not teaching and practicing the religion the way it was suposed to be.
    Although the whole bible is good for learning, the new testament teaches Christians how we are suposed to be.
    Anonymous