No movement for two weeks =/

So I am 18 weeks right now, and I started to feel movement like CRAZY when I was 16 weeks, and i felt it every single day! Then all of a sudden...NOTHING!! So i didnt have movement for 3 days, and I went to the dr, and we heard the heartbeat on the doppler, so i assume everythign was fine, but i still havent felt movement =/ What can i do? Or is it still too early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I rarely felt my first. Try this to see if you can feel something. Quickly drink a glass of very cold water. (Don't give yourself a brain freeze though.) Then lay down quietly for a while. The cold water "wakes" them up and laying quietly allows you to focus on your boday and what you are feeling. I would do this every night and it worked every time. If you still feel nothing, go to the doctor again.
    Anonymous

• You're pretty early to feel constant movement
    Anonymous

• I would call your doctor and tell him/her exactly what is going on and that it is concerning you. That doesn't sound normal.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well they say not to count it until 20 plus weeks as it could be gas. You can rent a doppler off this site called babybeats.com if you want to hear it yourself. We rented one until I was 28 weeks as it took us 7 years to get pregnant so I want to know she was fine until I could feel her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think it's still kinda early. There were days where I felt movement and days where I didnt when I was that early. I think you're fine, just wait a while...the little one will beat the crap outta you soon enough. lol.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• although you felt a lot of movement earlier, you are not always going to feel all movement this early. around 20-25 weeks is when you are really going to feel it everyday. if the doctor and you heard the heartbeat then i am sure everything is fine. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• um its suppost to be everyday movement just more painful as you go call doctor immediately
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I didnt feel anything till I was almost 25 weeks the doc and everyone kept asking me so you feeling anything yet... I always replied nope nota a thing... I started getting a little worried but if you are hearing her on the dopler you are probably fine... Yr still pritty early so if yr doc not to worried you probably shouldnt be either... Have him check the heartbeat and if yr really concerned even after that ask if they can do an ultra sound just in case :)
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I agree with anon:1.56. Lay down flat on your back for like 30 min., and really concentrate on your body and what you feel. I would do this myself in the beginnings of my pregnancies too, and every now and then I would feel a little "blup", and I would know that they were okay. You are still early on though, and I think I have read somewhere that there is a couple of weeks there when they don't move too much. But...if you feel like something is not right, see your doctor. That's what they are there for.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009