Do you think someone on Public Assiatance (FS, WIC, etc) Should have internet access

If you need the gover, help to pay food; How do you have enough money for a computer and internet service.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My laptop was a gift and the only reason I have internet is because my neighbor is nice enough to let me use his.
    Anonymous

• Well, I say yes. What if they need it for a job or education?

IF a person is recieving assistance, but doing what they can for their family-who are we to say that they should or shouldn't have certain things?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No they don't need internet to spend all their time judging others. Go to work !
    Anonymous

• omg give it up. you people would do anything to put someone else down wouldnt you?
    Anonymous

• I love internet police. They are so friendly when they stick their noses into other people's business.
    Anonymous

• the government pays for my health insurance and supplies WIC to me and we (me and my husband) pay 70 dollars for my internet service. but i have it for mainly schooling puposes so your question is offensive to me!
    Anonymous

• Well I don't know about others but I am on PA so that I can save all my money to go on a cruise to the moon.

GIVE ME A F-ING BREAK! Most people are on PA because they need a little help. My landlord pays for my DSL.

Get off your broom stick it seems to be riding up your ass.
    Anonymous

• Yes. A lot of communication happens via the internet now a days. I think to stay update, get a job, maintain a job among other things the internet is an important tool.
    However, I don't think it's a good idea when they have the internet,cable, phone line, cell phone, and so on hook up. SOMETHING needs to be sacrificed.

I think they can do without cable and a home phone line and get by. I'm not on any assistance program but I don't use Cable or Home Phone. It saves money and we go to the RedBox to get the new movies or go to the theatre up the street that only charges $2. I may be about a month behind on my movie going experience but it saves me money.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think that its a lot cheaper to surf the net looking for jobs then going out hunting for them. Although that does need to be done, too. But as someone who is still looking for a job, the internet has been very useful. I get responses from HR reps a lot faster than if I call.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Im on WIC and have internet, oh nos. A whole 20$ a month! hehe. You know, I work from home, so internet is a necessity for that.
    Hey OP have you also heard of wireless? Yes it exists!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009