Stupid question?

Hi okay so I am 35 Weeks and some odd days. My Dr. told me I was 1 cent dialated she said she felt his head. well naturally I was excited and told my husband well now he is saying no sex. He is scared since she felt the head with here fingers that he will hurt the baby. Is it unwise to have sex once dialated?

nicbillera

Asked by nicbillera at 2:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was dialated to 3cms for two weeks before I had my dd and we still had sex and it didn't hurt anything.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• even though the doctor can feel the babies head does not mean he can. your doctor has to go farther than a penis would. and even on the odd chance that he might hit the baby he couldn't hurt the baby. the baby is surrounded by a lot of cushion to protect it from such things. and you can have sex up until your water breaks or you go into labor. i was dilated 3 cm for 2 weeks and i still had sex. the doctor advised it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If yr doctor thought it was going to be a problem he would have told you no sex.. If yr husband is that concerned call yr doc and ask him outright, but generaly speaking if yr water hasnt broke and yr up for it.. Its freegame :)
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the advice.
    nicbillera

Answer by nicbillera at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• As long as your bag of water is intact, sex is fine. But talk to your dr anyway.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• you are all good... I went to the dr at 38 weeks and was 5 1/2 cm and we were having sex all along...
    Rachael

Answer by Rachael at 4:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009