CA declares STATE OF EMERGENCY. Did you know?

http://www.reuters.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is the legal move for paving the way for activating federal agencies. Better to declare prematurely and have things poised for action, than wait until there is a REAL emergency and have the emergency response delayed by many hours.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Psst, the entire US declared a state of emergency on Sunday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thanks! I've been following the news carefully and did not know about CA. Thanks for posting this.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I didn't know that either. I've kind of being ignoring the whole epidemic because I don't understand it. And it's finals week so I am swamped. I hope things don't get out of hand though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Scary...we live 15 minutes from the Mexican border!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Jessica: I live 60 miles from the border. Very scary.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• let's see...we went from 0 cases to 20 cases in 1 day. and 20 cases to 68 cases and 2 deaths in 1 day. with 200 more suspected cases in ny in 1 day. by the end of the week at that rate we will have 5500 known cases and 256 deaths.

Anonymous

• yeah but according to a bunch of idiots we have nothing to worry about right?
    Anonymous

• from april 13 to the 27, Mexico had 2000 known cases and 150 deaths,roughly. consider how many remote areas and how many destitute areas and the fact their healthcare is not what we have as far as providing correct information. if you look at the globe you will see the newzealand is on the opposite side of the world from mexico, yet it has confirmed cases there. when the swine flu hits the daycares and nursing homes, it will be a whole new ballgame. go wash your granny's hands 4 times a day.

Anonymous

• Hmmm again? O well, I'm in TX and think they deserve what they get. There is so much foolishness going on in that state it's hopeless to ever be viable.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009