I'm Planning on getting my Mirena IUD removed....

Me and my love are wanting to get pregnant but i still have my IUD..... Im looking to get it removed ASAP and was wondering how long it takes to get pregnant after we get it taken out...and also how painful it can be to be removed???

TwistedMama27

Asked by TwistedMama27 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well i still have mine i will just tell you what my ob said.. it will feel just as it did when she put it in. and i should be able to get pregnant after my first period. she also told me to make sure i have my first period and then try on that cycle. so good luck i hope i answered your question
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was told not to have sex within the 5 days BEFORE having it removed because if I was ovulating then I could get pregnant from any remaining sperm when it was removed...so depending on your cycle you could get pregnant right away. As for any pain during removal...I had absolutely NONE. Mine hurt going in too so I was nervous about it, but I didn't even realize my doctor was doing anything, I thought he was still getting everything ready and all of a sudden he said "All done." Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Its not painful, and I got prego about a month after removal.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 3:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I still have mine in, but I bet it hurts to get out. My doc told me when I do get it removed not to try to get pregnant for aleast a month because there is high chance of having twins or triplets right after.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009