How should I deal with prego mood swings?

Im 20 and this is my first child, im in a steady relasionship but not married. I get feelings of saddness one minute and then im perfectly fine the next. I dont know how not to control them. Being depressed for a day is just too much for me...help!

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you sound like you are in the first two months of pregnancy is this true? I had the same thing happen tome dont worry it will pass very soon and it is normal. Just try surrounding yourself with your family like mom and grandma if available or those in your family you feel closer to! even if it is by phone call often to make yourself feel secure!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try chocolate or any thing that produces endorphins(natural "happy" hormone). You're going to be like this for a while so make notes of it. ANY changes that you are not comfortable with or you know isn't "you" let your ob know immediately! If it gets worse torwards the end of your pregnancy they may put you on something to keep post partum depression at bay. We all have been here durring and after(some stay with the mom until kid moves out, LOL), but we have all been there so you're not alone!!! Kudos for seeking info on this!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am 39 weeks pregnant and still am going crazy feeling happy one min sad the next and furious just min later... Try surounding yrself with good company and when all else fails... Remember its perfectly normal to feel like a crazy loone!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• welcome to pregnancy!
    Anonymous

• I understand you perfectly; however, my mood swings go from angry to happy. Sometimes I'm angry and I just don't know why. Still, I feel awful when my three year old is around because he gets to see me all moody. Then, I get sentimental because I was mad for not reason and he is the one dealing with my temper.
    paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 3:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my whole pregnancy i couldnt stand being around men. and could never change it. i just couldnt stand them. how do i change that?
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 6:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009