very personal question...

i searched on google and on cafemom.i wouldnt be posting it on here if it wasn't the last place to turn to. i'm alittle shy about this and wasn't sure what category to post it in but here it goes...

is it healthy or unhealthy to 'pleasure' yourself while pregnant.my SO has been working over time and comes home late and i don't like keeping him up unless he brings the situation up.
we still sleep together but being all hormonal and suck, i want it more then i get it...is it okay to 'handle' things myself?i dont want to hurt the baby. i'm 7 months along

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did it while I was pregnant and my son turned out just fine :-)
    Anonymous

• dont see why you couldnt.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ya hey im 50 no big deal....go for it.what ever gets you through the night is alright...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have been so sick throught my pregnancy I didnt want anything to do with sex or anything close... but if your hormones are putting you in the mood go for it! There aint no reason why you cant "handle things yrself" Unless you are at a high risk for early delivery ... Then you might want to ask yr doc... No need to be embaressed we are all women and we all got "needs"
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• there's no problem or shame in that. we all have needs and if you have to take care of it yourself then go for it
    LittleKMABF

Answer by LittleKMABF at 3:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It's completly ok as long as your not using any simulation oils or gels. But absoutely you have to do it, sometimes it feels so good to just release. And don't be embrassed, it's totally normal.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I concur! Take things into your own hands. wink ;)

It isn't bad for you or the baby and it will probably release some stress.

Go for it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• thank you guys so much. i was just worried if there would be any straining.i didn't want to do any harm to my little man, that wouldn't be worth it at all! thanks:D
    Anonymous

• I think it all depends on your pregnancy. I am on pelvic rest and cannot have an orgasm. I have an incompetent cervix and orgasm can stimulate your cervix to open. But, assuming you have no issues... Then I cant imagine it would hurt the baby.
    Anonymous