Is it easier to get a car loan....

my husband and I have no credit because we are young and are just starting life together! I do not work but he does. I am about three months pregnant, do you think after we have the baby it will be easier or harder to get a loan for a dependable vehicle!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Travel

• It wont matter either way, but you will be hard pressed to be put on any auto loan because you dont work. You should try getting it in your husband's name.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It won't matter. They do not take into account whether or not you have a family...they just don't care. What they care about is whether or not you have credit and if you do if it's good and whether or not you can pay your car note. Good luck to you. We need a second vehicle but we can't get one. Our credit isn't all that bad, but it's incredibly hard to get approved these days.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Dependants dont matter. You guys are probably going to need a co-signer. If your not working, then you cant go on the loan. He needs to have a minimum of $1800 a month to even qualify for a car loan. Then there is a debt ratio that they look at too.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009