How do i get my 4yr. old to listen to me?

He'll be 5 in September and is very bad at talking back. he always has a smart comment but it's usually so brilliant that it makes you stop and think and laugh. he thinks EVERYTHING is funny!

teddybear0515

Asked by teddybear0515 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well it's time to get serious to an extent. They are smart as a whip but if every time he smarts back you kinda laugh then it is funny to him and not made out like he shouldn't do that your the adult. Make a game out of it every time he talks back this happens and when he says okay or yes ma'am whatever you prefer reward him for it as a thank you or something of your choice praise him. That's my opinion mine is 4 going on 5 and has the same bad habit but it works for me it might be different for you but hey, it don't hurt to try right.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009