Can anyone recommend a good book?

I don't care much for romance novels or books with a ton of dirty sex talk. I enjoy mystery/thrillers, Christian books, and some ChickLits (girly books).

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• the atonement child by Francine rivers awesome awesome book
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My Sister's Keeper Jody Picoulot, Nineteen Minutes Jody Picoulot, The 10th Circle Jody Picoulot
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Hideaway by Dean Koontz is awesome!!
    hfaulkner

Answer by hfaulkner at 7:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Memoirs of a Geisha
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. He's the author of other books that have become movies such as "The Notebook" and "Message In A Bottle". It's a great book that is his first mystery/suspense with a touch of a love story. (No graphic sex or dirty talk.) I love this book. It's one of the best books I've ever read.
    jeni2671

Answer by jeni2671 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Thank you all!!!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Anything by Janette Oake or Beverly Lewis
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I will be reading The Time Traveller's Wife with the book club for July. Just got it and it sounds so interesting. It was on the best seller list. I think you would enjoy it and perhaps would join in for the discussion. Check it out. Summer is a great time for reading!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my notes from my travels
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I clicked into this with the intention of saying, "Well, if you like Christian books I have some suggestions!" So I'm happy to see that you actually mention them in your post.

First let's start with non-Christian books. I personally love anything by Chuck Palahniuk. I feel that his best two books, IMO, are Lullaby and Choke. Both are good and I suggest both highly.

Now on to Christian based books.
    Here is a list of books I've read that I really liked :)...
    1. Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge
    2. Grown-Up Girlfriends by Erin Smalley and Carrie Oliver
    3. Unchristian by David Kinnaman

Also, if you check out my profile and go to my groups there is one there that is a Christian book club, lots of good suggestions there!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2008