39+ weeks so close why do I feel so far?

I feel like Im a million years away from delivery and holding my baby girl in my arms... How do you keep yrself from going nuts... From the horable pain in my back to the annoying braxton hicks contractions that you keep wishing would turn into something real

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow honey you are so close and congratulations on your wonderful journey! try to sleep or relax alot to pass time and ease your pains! I am so proud of you keep up the good work let us know when she arrives.
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What to do? I'd concentrate on something that you won't be able to do once the baby arrives: watch a non-kid-friendly movie, read a book, paint your nails - heck! even enjoy all the times you get to pee ALONE, without having to lug a bouncy seat or play mat into the bathroom first. For the pain, walk, walk, walk.

Why does it feel so far? You're like a small child who is really aware of Christmas for the first time. It will NEVER come. Christmas Eve is the longest night of the year when you are waiting for the "big event" - just as the coming days will be some of the longest in your adult life.

Congrats! You're almost there. Relax, enjoy some peace and quiet, do something for just YOU. You have 18 years to do things for the baby - including laundry and decorating.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009