How did you and your SO/DH deal with finding the sex of your baby?

We just found out that we are expecting our first little one. My DH wants to know the sex but I don't know what do do. How can we work this out...has anyone found out when your SO didn't want to know and how did things go? Did they keep it a secrete or not?

Avetay

Asked by Avetay at 3:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dad found out, my mom didn't. Dad actually kept it a secret the entire time, no hints!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lol thats sooo funny if its the first always good to find out to be prepared but 2nd and 3rd you can be supprised
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I wanted to wait, hubby wanted to find out since it was our first. He wanted us to be as prepared as possible!! So with the next one.. it will be a surprise :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I didnt want to find out but my hubby did... I finaly convinced him to let it be a surprise and what happens the doc looks at the ultra sound and goes oh what a cute little boy you have.... Lol... Then remembering we didnt want to know says oh well we cant really tell today anyways... after that the urge to know if it was a boy or girl almost killed us (didnt know if doc was serious or if it was a cover up) scedualed a ultra sound to find out and they couldnt tell!!!! Ahh I thought we were going to loose it... finaly two more ultra sounds say its a girl... Now we have been told three times that it is a girl... They better be right because I painted her room pink! If you can wait and let it be a surprise thats awsom.. I admit I bent under the presure... lol
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If he's good at keeping secrets, not just from you but from everyone, since others might not be able to keep the secret, let him find out and just let it be a surprise for you and everyone else!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We both wanted to know b/c we wanted to be able to prepare!
    Ashley0904

Answer by Ashley0904 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We both wanted to know. I had my first ultrasound yesterday, 16 weeks 4 days, and they already could tell. xD It's a boy!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2009