Sneezing and wetting my pants!

After having two children I have now found that when I sneeze I sometimes wet my pants! LOL...It drives me crazy and my husband always gives me crap about it. He seems to think that I am the only one out there with this issue? Anyone else have the same problem? I have done and do Keegal exercises and it doesn't seem to help. Guess I have to do more.

Crystal2451

Asked by Crystal2451 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• yes I sometimes have that, I generally squeeze my legs together when I sneeze...if I don't i dribble. I used to also have to go all of sudden like I had no control over it. There would literally be times when I would be in the kitchen doing dishes and the next i'm cross legged about to totaly pee my pants. My doctor put me on Detrol LA and I took it for a few years with wonderful results, when I lost my insurance about two years ago I could no longer afford the $100 a month prescription and I stopped taking it, but i've found I don't nearly have the trouble as severely as I did before the Detrol LA! it's pretty common in women, so tell hubby it's NORMAL!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have the same problem, and you can show this to your husband, it happens sometimes. It is frustrating, and embarassing.
    Anonymous

• Nope! Sad to say but after # 2 your bladder control weakens, but is usually tooken care of with keigels! I don't want to be insulting but the older we get the less control we have, so occasional wetting will occur. If its bothering you like that try pads(normal pads if its just excess pee), or talk to your pcp about bladder control meds.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I too had this problem after having 4 children. I had surgery for it.. It's called TVT ( Tenison Free Vaginal Tape or Secur Sling) and they can do it in same day serivces.
    Anonymous

• Do your kegel exercises several times a day; things should tighten up fairly quickly.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have the same problem thank goodness for panty liners
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009