Feeding Schedule And Baby Food?

My dd will be 6months on the 4th. Just wonderin what everyone else's lil one is eating and how much. She is just now starting to like the baby food. So how much formula is normal and how many times a day do I give her baby food and cereal? Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We gave baby food at mealtimes. I didn't see the point in starting one thing when they were going to end up on another schedule eventually.

At 6 months, mine were taking....

Breakfast: The equivalent of two jars cereal and fruit, 8oz formula
    Snack: some kind of finger food, 8oz juice/water mixed
    Lunch: Stage 2 jar of veggie and one of fruit, 8oz formula
    snack: same as morning snack
    Supper: Stage 2 jar of veggie and one of dinner combo, 8oz formula
    about 1 hour before bed: 8oz formula

We were also introducing finger and table foods. Their formula was in a sippy cup.

Now, as for "normal" couldn't tell you! LOL As you can see they were huge eaters (6 jars of food each day!).
    Anonymous

• My DD had a bottle at 430am, back to sleep until 7, then ate cereal and fruit, bottle at 9am, veggies and fruit for lunch, bottle at 2pm, then cereal and veg for dinner. Bottle at bedtime. Usually 5 oz bottles, and then the baby food was the smaller stage 1 jar at first, then about 1/2-3/4 of the stage 2 as she got older.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Biter biscuits(BIB!!! They're super messy but they love em). Stage 1 foods(try different ones to see what she likes, and then alternate so she doesn't get bored with it), my twins liked the gerber rice cereal with banana, and stay away from foods that have eggs, dairy, and nuts(they promote food allergies if introduced to soon)!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• As for what she should have...follow her lead. I would start with regular meal and snack times, though...and let her tell you how much she wants.

Her formula consumption shouldn't drop much right now, either.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have no clue why the first post was anon...I swear I did NOT click for it to be...it's mine. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son didn't really have a solids "schedule" until about 8 months. He did fine! =) He was really only eating solids once or twice a day until then.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009