I want another home biz to add to my Avon... any suggestions?

I love my Avon business but since it's been so lucrative I'd like to try my hand at adding something else and really rake in the dough. Any suggestions? I'm not looking to pay any large start-up kit fees and I DON'T want Mary Kay. Thanks for your imput.

lauchremi

Asked by lauchremi at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I sell Artistry cosmetics. If interested, e-mail me.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try selling it on ebay. In fact anything you consider throwing out or wanting to get rid of may be sellable on ebay!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Find something that compliments Avon. You said no big start ups so I won't mention my Ambit Energy which is $429 (though I made that back in two weeks)

Avon has a large variety such as the skin care, fragrances, makeup, jewelry, etc. etc. so maybe try selling candles with it or if you don't mind the idea lingerie to truely have girl night out parties to sell both.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ladyd, Avon reps, even though too many still do it, are not permitted to sell Avon on eBay unless they are no longer reps and have not been a rep for 6 months!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try youngevity, they have a bunch of products, I like to only push TruChocolate. Message me and I will tell you all about it, it's only $10 to sign up.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try DiamondCreek Candles! We're free to start and your catalog is online, so you won't have to buy a ton of catalogs. You could get free business cards from vistaprint.com and put them in the catalogs for Avon that you're already spreading around!

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you have always wanted a company that supports and helps you grow your business then I suggest you look into Gold Canyon.

Gold Canyon offers a complete line of candles, body and home products including home fragrance in the form of scented candles, Room Sprays and Sachets, eco-friendly, natural, green cleaning products, home décor with various candle holders; personal care with hand scrub, hand silk, body lather, body lotion, body polish, body crème, bath soak, body mist and candle care products such as wick dippers and trimmers.
    Let me tell you how you can join the Gold Canyon team this month for $10.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I like your ideas. I'm not crazy about the ones that require parties, stock inventory, meet minimums, etc. I don't have to do any of that with Avon and would like something similar.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• See with any other those companies you can cross promote....put a catalog for the other company with your Avon brochure. Tell you Avon customers they will get a small discount on the other products when they order $20 in Avon products....if you ever do giveaways with Avon, giveaway a small product from the other company to show them how great the products are. Other ideas for what else you can sell that I think would work well with Avon are any of those food mix companies or coffee/tea companies.

They are low start up and the mixes are usualy pretty affordable. You can give a free sample size of coffee or a tea bag with your Avon brochures and put a label on it saying "Have a cup of tea on me while you browse through your Avon brochure. Receive 10% off your first Tea or coffee order with me!"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• how about daily pay,health benefits, a 401k option,ad&d insurance and much more.This is what our company offers our independent business owners. http://www.freedomathometeam.com/sbrement or you can call me at 540-337-3372
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 4:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009