What does back labor feel like?

I feel like my hips are being pulled apart with low back pain and so much pressure. I had the bloody show sat and sunday and now contractions all night and today but not regular? Im 4 days overdue!
What is going on?
Why wont the contractions just get regular?
Could I still be making progress?
I would hate to get to the hospital and them say im only at 2 or 3.
I was 1-2cm and 70% effaced last wedsday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you're having back labor pains! It occorrs when the baby is facing front and entering birth cannal, it can only stop if baby repositions itself to face backward. I'd call and see what they want you to do, won't hurt since your 4 days over due!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Is it safe for me and the baby?
    Like no csec or anything?
    Anonymous

• sounds to me like thats what is going on with you.i had back labor with my daughte.they had me lay on one side for like 30 mins then the other side for another 30 mins to try to get her to turn the toher way.but she never did.she came out face up.i didnt have to have a csection.its just a lil harder to push them out when they are face up like that.They had to use the suction thingy on her head to help pull her out but no harm was done.it happens a lot more than you think.so no need to worry if your baby doesnt turn.try laying on each side though just to see if that helps.and since you are 4 days over due, i would call to see if your doc could check you. you could be dialated more even though your contractions are irregular.They could admit you and start you on putossin to speed your contractions up if needed.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 4:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yeah it's safe, it just hurts like hell. My daughter came out facing "sunny side up" is what they call it. Facing the ceiling instead of the floor. I thought it was normal though because I had never gone thru labor before and just thought the pain was supposed to be that intense. The epidural helped take the pain away from that though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009