Is it okay to use the lemonade diet while breastfeeding

I have been pregnant for the last two years. My children aren't even a year apart. I want to detoxify my body and lose the weight I have gained from both pregnancies. I want to try the lemonade diet but I am breastfeeding and don't know if it is safe for my baby or for my body? Need answers and advice on alternative diets if the lemonade diet is not okay!!! Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I wouldnt recommend it while breastfeeding.. Your baby will take what he she needs from you, and leave you with nothing... I would wait till you quit nursing to diet... I know I lost 35lbs just from nursing from birth to 10 months! Still eating anything and everything I wanted!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 4:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Dieting is a bad idea in general, but especially while breastfeeding. Drink lots of water, eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The lemonade diet is a gimmick and won't work. Most diets are gimmicks - if something really worked than we wouldn't be such an obese nation.
    If you are breast feeding your baby needs all the nutrients you can feed your body so that you baby has healthy developement.
    It would be better to begin an exercise program to help burn off those extra calories.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• absolutly NOT! you baby needs nutrients! that is the healthy part about BFing!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 4:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009