I don't know what i am wanting to go with this tonight

I am making a meatloaf for super but can't decide what i want to go with it. I am not really wanting mashed potatoes or mac n cheese. What are some ideas for some sides.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Buttered noodles, rice with butter and Parmesan cheese. Rice a Roni or Noodle Roni. Stovetop Stuffing. And whatever veggie that you want.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• french fries, cabbage & noodles (or plain buttered noodles), rice cooked in beef broth, hash browns, baked potatoes (you may as well since the oven is already on).
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Any kind of corn dish is good with hamburger. Or greenbeans. rice?
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What about fried okra or steamed cauliflower.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I always make homemade mashed potatoes and brown gravy, and a side of Steamed broc/cauliflower/carrots with it.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• twice baked potatoes, asparagus, apple gratin. Yummo. Now I want meatloaf. :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Apple Gratin...??
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What vegetables do you have in the house? What whole grains do you have in the house?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I like to take whole potatoes (russet, or bakers, are best) wash them and cut them into circles about 1/2 inch thick, take a baking sheet, spray it with Pam, and put the potato slices face down on it, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and salt, then flip them over and repeat the olive oil and spices, then bake for 30 minutes, flip and bake another 30 minutes. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, they are always a big hit in my family.
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• while the meatloaf is cooking you could put a pasta or rice casserole on with it, that way you wouldn't have to do much attending to the food. Also a great trick for meatloaf is to put a couple of slices of bread on the bottom of the pan for grease absorbing. Just spray the bottom of the pan first so the bread doesn't stick in the end.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009