did Jesus tell us to stone sinners?

yes this is a spin off of the other question, but that question is not even talking about stoning now. Now it is about burning witches and lust desires. Does our Bible, in the New Testament, say we should stone sinners and does Jesus instruct us to stone a person to death? The question is that simple, I do not need to hear about lust with burning desire of a witch. I just want to know if we are instructed to stone humans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope He did not.... the adulterous woman is a perfect example. He came to pour out Grace while the pharisees were stuck in LAW .
    He said to love your enemies !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my answer would be no here are some verses to back that up
    John 3:17) For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    (Luke 19:10) For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
    (John 8:3-11) The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group {4} and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. {5} In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" {6} They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. {7} When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• cont...
    {8} Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. {9} At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. {10} Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" {11} "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

hinson7169

• I agree with Shaneagle. Jesus is the exact opposite. He never said any such thing. He commands us to love our enemies.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no. he was just saying that if you have sinned you are no better than the person who's sin you are making a deal about. that none of us are without sin therefore no one is any better than anyone else. he never condoned stoning people for their sins, He did say that the law of the land should punish those who have committed crimes eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. In other words let the punishment fit the crime.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No he did not.I never said that.I said the bible says that.But he did say for us not to pray in public.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 4:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Bah . . . Hinson stole my quote from John, LOL. ;-)

Nope. He never said that at all.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• just for the record larantony, not everything in the bible is an instruction.
    Anonymous

• I do not pray in public but I would like to know where that is in the Bible please. I do not pray in public because prayer is personal.
    Anonymous

• Jesus said let those with out sin throw the first stone so no he did not condone it. And what he said was not to pray in public just to show that you are talking to God. like the Pharisees did during his time on earth
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009