How come I have no pictures of my baby yet???

So I have had 4 ultra sounds and I am only 11 weeks pregnant i also have had multiple blood test and have not seen or talked to my doctor. It really frustrates me cuz a part of me feels like there is something wrong. Also, The ultra sound tech does not show me the screen or explain what hes doing or sees. I go in to the room and he looks at the baby and I leave I have asked him whats going on and i get nothing? My first doctors appt. Is tomorrow and i'm woundering what i should say to my doctor it is my first child and everyone else that i know has had pictures at this time and they dont understand why i have not seen my actual doctor yet. So can anyone help me and give me some advice on what i should do tomorrow?

jordanc5234

Asked by jordanc5234 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh my they havent told you WHY you have had 4 ultrasounds and only 11 weeks?

I would be pitching a fit.

Tell them first thing that their actions have made you very worried. Tell them you want to know exactly what the results of your ultrasounds were and that you would like to have a picture momento.

If their is no problem, then it sounds like you might should switch to another Dr.

That is confusing to me too.
    Anonymous

• i am just wondering why you have had 4 ultrasounds already....i only had 3 during my whole pregnancy! i would definately bring that up to the doctor...
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i am 10 weeks and i havnt had a single ultrasound so consider yourself lucky
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I wouldnt think lucky....I would be worried too. Thats not normal.
    Anonymous

• Ya I couldn't understand why. One day i got an ultra sound and the next day later they called me and scheduled me another one for two days later. I hung up the phone and started thinking to myself why would they do that???? I just had one so I called to speak to my doctor but I guess I only get to speak to her nurse. Its made me so frustrated and I still am pretty upset cuz I have my appointment tomorrow and I just want to know what the heck is going on??? they are running me in circles.
    jordanc5234

Answer by jordanc5234 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Maybe you have more than one baby in there :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• uhh ohhh dont scare me cuz your not the first person to say that!? but why wouldn't they tell me if i did?? the weird thing is..I have only gotten sick twice in my whole pregnancy the rest has been super easy for me.
    jordanc5234

Answer by jordanc5234 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i think that they are crappy dr. They should be showing you the ultrasound and telling you everything looks good. My dr always takes the time to ask me if i have any questions, and how i fell, and then he ask my husband if he has any questions and how he thinks that i feel. hubby got me in trouble last time and got me stuck with a needle because he told the dr that i get to tierd to fast.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i didnt get pics until i was 18 weeks and i had 4 other ultra sounds, PLUS they wouldnt tell me jack squat either butits because only a dr can "read" the pictures. the techs may see things and no whats up but legally there not alloud to say anything, ur probably fine, they were just giving me so many because my HCG levels were not as high as they should have been so they were monitering the growth and development, and my son is perfect! dont stress, and be forward with ur doc!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• something wrong maybe?
    Anonymous