What book of the bible are the ten commandments in?

I was just thinking about something, but before I can say what i am thinking, I need to be refreshed on what book of the bible the ten commandments are in.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Exodus 20:1-17.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Exodus 20
    1And God spake all these words, saying,

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• 9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

13Thou shalt not kill.

14Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15Thou shalt not steal.
    16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
    hinson7169

• Thank you ladies.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Exodus Chapter 20
    Deuteronomy Chapter 5
    Exodus Chapter 34
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Just so you know, the web address below is a great resource for biblical research. You can load in words, scripture or phrases to conduct your search.

http://bible.crosswalk.com/
    CocoaB

Answer by CocoaB at 5:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Actually there are two different sets located in two different parts of the bible:
    Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Exodus...

Our children's choirs learned a really neat song called "The Perfect Ten", so I will never again forget which one says what.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009