Can you ovulate several times in one month?

Hi. I have been tracking my cycles on fertilityfriend.com. Im usually a 24 day cycle and I actually OV about 2-4 days after my period ends. This month I had EWCM 2 days after my period ended, and FF.com said that I did ov that day according to my temp and my EWCM. Well today I had it again and there was ALOT. I also had spotting last weekend for two days.. nothing much but it was there. My temps have been all over the place too. Anyways.. since I entered the data in FF.com this morning that I had EWCM it said that it wasnt able to pinpoint my OV and my cycle. So im either like 8 DPO, or im barely ov today. My temps have also been all over the place but between 96.0 to 97.5... IDK.. Im frustrated and confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I can't explain to you why you've had the outcomes that you've had as far as testing your ovulation. I can answer the question that yes, it is possible to ovulate multiple times. That is how pregnancies with fraternal multiples are formed (from seperately ovulated eggs, rather than splitting from one egg in an identical multiple). It is also possible to ovulate once and then ovulate again shortly after resulting in getting pregnant with a second baby while you're already pregnant with your first resulting in twins with two seperate gestational ages. So knowing that, yes, you can ovulate more than once per month.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Omigoodnes.. I was just asking yesterday about twins, because I have twins in my family and my hubby has twins on his side too. But according to the answers I got, it only has to do with the mothers side.. Yikes.. I dont know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for me.. lol. BUT.. hubby is outta town during the week anyways so we wouldnt even be able to have sex right now.. BUT I also know that sperm can last up to 5 days, and we had sex 2 days ago..
    Anonymous