does this sound like contractions?

i am 37 wks and I am having mild cramping that comes and goes and i also keep feeling like i have too crap....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably Pre-Labor, that's pretty normal around 37 weeks,. Once they get regular just start timming
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Sounds like pregnancy to me. Braxton hicks possibly or maybe a little constipation as well. Try drinking fluids and going to the toilet. I never felt like pooping while having contractions. I felt that way when it was time to push. I would say your bowels are probably acting up and the baby may just be in a bad position for them to move.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Does you pain start from your stomach and radiate to your back (Braxton Hicks) or does it start in your back and radiate to your stomach (real contractions)? This is the best way to know if it's labor. Also you need to time them from when each contraction starts and ends as well as the length of time between each set of contractions. If they are less than 5 minutes apart and increase in strength then head to the hospital. If they aren't and you go to the hospital then they may send you home again.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009