To moms of Toddler Boys: Would you be OK with it if your toddler son loves DORA THE EXPLORER and only wants to watch that?

I guess my son loves Dora because I also have a daughter that loves Dora too and so they both watch it together. My DH has a problem with this. Do any of you have sons that adore Dora as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would it be a problem, other than it's an annoying show, your DH needs to wash his mangina if he has issues with it, other than it's just an annoying as hell show lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son (3 1/2) loves Dora & Diego. He learns so much from those shows.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my little boy watches dora .i don't see a problem with it it is very educational and as long as he is happy .i could care a less if it's suppose to be a girl show.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son watches Dora I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I explain to him Dora is a Girl and Diego is a boy and that he is a boy, he doesn't act girly because of it so whats the problem.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Not at all! My son even had Swiper underwear when he was little! lol
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• both my sons both loved/love dora! its totally cool!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 4:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't see the big deal...
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 4:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son watched The Big Comfy Couch. He also loved Blue from Blue's Clue's..she is a girl. He even loved Titanic when he was three. The girl of all girl movies. I really wouldn't care at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What exacly is your husband's issue? Should your daughter not watch Bob the Builder? I think that your husband has some genuine issues with gender roles that you both need to work on.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• kids don't see sex/gender the way we do. They see toys and fun. Boys watching a show hosted by a girl isn't going to make him gay! Nor is playing with dolls. It's just play.
    Anonymous